Kershaw does manufacture a comprehensive range of pocketknives in their state-of-the-art production plant in Tualatin, Oregon, USA, where they employ over 500 people.
The Kershaw Pocket Knives are meticulously constructed and are backed by stringent quality control. But not all the knives Kershaw sells are made in the USA. We list the best ones that are made in the United States. But first, a bit of history, or you jump to the best Kershaw Knives made in the USA.
- The History of Kershaw Knives
- The best Kershaw Pocket Knives Made in the USA
The History of Kershaw Knives
Pete Kershaw, the company’s founder, understood the value of assured quality. Knives were frequently used by outdoor enthusiasts for hunting and fishing. He decided to start his own knife company at a cement mill in Lake Oswego, Oregon, in late 1974.
At the time, the company mostly produced hunting knives. Pete sought a premium supplier to manufacture the goods in order to ensure high quality. On the opposite side of the planet, Kai has been making superb bladed tools for almost 65 years. President Saijiro Endo II concentrated on exporting Kai products, notably to America. Kershaw and Kai’s paths crossed, and they have remained intertwined.
Kershaw’s classic heyday ended in the 1990s. During this time period, several modern features were implemented. The Liner Action series was introduced in 1995.
A new Beginning
In Japan, Kai CEO Koji Endo saw greater room for growth for Kershaw. Endo invested in a production facility in Wilsonville, Oregon, in 1996. He thought it would help Kershaw grow. Kai USA immediately engaged a new production crew. Jack Igarashi took over as COO of Kai USA after Pete Kershaw retired. Igarashi offered a new perspective to Kai USA, focusing on quality, technology, and innovation. With this in mind, Kershaw’s USA production team looked for a novel twist.
The answer? A new way to open a knife. Kershaw’s SpeedSafe® aided opening technology revolutionized the industry. The technique was introduced in 1998 and received rapid industry and public praise. Although Kershaw later introduced other opening methods, SpeedSafe remains popular and an important part of Kershaw’s identity.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Kershaw’s Warranty: “To ensure you get a lifetime of service from your Kershaw, our products are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing defects. In addition to supporting our products with this warranty, we will be happy to repair and sharpen your Kershaw knife for free when you send it in for warranty service.”
The best Kershaw Pocket Knives Made in the USA
Kershaw Link Olive Stonewashed with SpeedSafe Opening
Kershaw has raised the bar on the popular Link by using CPM 20CV blade steel and a new machined and anodized aluminum handle design. This new Link pocket knife is still an incredible value, and it is proudly manufactured in the United States.
This high-performance blade steel has exceptional hardness, corrosion resistance, toughness, and wear resistance, resulting in excellent edge retention. The aluminum handle is anodized in olive green, and the machining pattern provides it a distinctive appearance that distinguishes it from earlier Links models while also improving grip.
- A high-quality pocketknife that is designed and manufactured in the United States.
- Its outstanding hardness, corrosion resistance, toughness, wear resistance, and top edge retention make CPM 20CV steel an excellent choice for blades, and its stonewashed finish helps to conceal use scratches.
- Handles made of anodized aluminum are lightweight and strong, and the machining improves grip.
- You can easily open it with one hand thanks to the one-handed operation.
Kershaw Leek Copper Folding Pocket Knife
The Leek, a hallmark design that has been updated, now features a solid copper handle. The Leek has been referred to as the “perfect EDC” by some.
It is a good-sized knife, but it is not excessively huge, thanks to its 3-inch blade. In addition to being lightweight and portable, the razor-sharp blade of the high-performance CPM 154 allows it to take on a wide range of cutting chores with confidence. The copper handle of this Leek is denser than steel, giving it a more substantial feel in the hand. Over time, the handle will patina, giving your copper Leek a distinctive appearance all its own. It can handle practically any operation, and once the job is finished, a Tip-Lock slider helps to keep the sharp blade locked in place for added safety.What you get:
- It is a must-have addition to any Leek collection. Made in the United States of America
- Its consistent carbide distribution allows it to take and maintain an outstanding edge.
- The blades CPM 154 powdered metallurgy steel has a high hardness and good toughness. Corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and toughness are all excellent; The stonewashed surface helps to conceal wear and tear.
- Genuine copper handles will develop a unique patina over time, giving them a distinctive appearance.
- With a simple flipper, SpeedSafe® aided opening is a snap. When the blade is closed, the tip-lock secures it.
Kershaw Blur Black
This is a Blur that has gone to the evil side. Like all Blurs knives, it is fitted with a large, slightly recurved blade that is great for multitasking and cutting. The blade shape provides great slicing and piercing capabilities, as well as the high-performance. The Sandvik 14C28N stainless blade steel provides corrosion resistance and hardness, this is an excellent all-around knife.
The blade of the black Blur is coated with DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) for increased corrosion resistance and a more attractive appearance. Ideal for a wide variety of tasks including cleaning game, cutting rope, bushcrafting, slicing fruits and vegetables, cutting zip ties, and more.
- Made in the USA, this Kershaw is a classic with a do-it-all blade and dark good aesthetics.
- High-performance Blade made of Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel, with a black Cerakote coating for blade protection and improved performance (sold separately).
- Handles made of anodized aluminum are scratch and fade resistant, and Trac-Tec inlays provide a secure grip.
- With the SpeedSafe® assisted opening system, one-handed operation is made possible.
Kershaw Bareknuckle Pocket Knife
Based on the original ZT 0777 award winner, but with a slimmer profile and higher-quality materials, this Bareknuckle is available in olive and black and is manufactured in the United States of America.
The blade of this Kershaw Pocket Knife is made of Sandvik 14C28N high-performance steel, which has been given an attractive BlackWash finish. Anodized aluminum is used for the handle. The use of a Sub-Frame Lock keeps the weight of the Bareknuckle low, making it very easy to carry.
Using Kershaw’s KVT ball-bearing mechanism and a flipper, the blade is opened quickly and easily.
- Made in the United States of America, this eye-catching replica of an award-winning pocketknife is sure to please.
- The blade steel has been upgraded to 14C28N high-performance, and the BlackWashTM coating offers a distinctive aesthetic while also protecting the blade and hiding wear scratches
- Handle made of lightweight aluminum that has been anodized in a very appealing olive green color.
- Deep-carry pocket clip that may be used by either the left or right hand.
Kershaw Dividend Pocket Knife
With its redesigned Composite Blade and machined and anodized aluminum handle, the Dividend is more visually appealing than ever before. Kershaw’s exclusive Composite Blade Technology combines two different plates of steel into a single blade. CPM D2 and Bohler N690 were used in this instance.
To take advantage of the corrosion resistance and high hardness of the Bohler N690, Kershaw used it as the upper blade material. D2 was placed on the cutting edge in order to take advantage of its wear resistance, toughness, and outstanding edge retention characteristics. Afterward, the steel is permanently linked in a “toothlike” pattern to give them a warbird-like appearance. This blade makes it one of the really unique knives in the Kershaw Pocket Knives range.What you get:
- A high-quality EDC that is designed and manufactured in the United States.
- When two steels are joined together in one blade, it is known as Composite Blade Technology. The blade upper is made of hard, corrosion-resistant N690, while the cutting edge is made of edge-holding D2.
- Handles made of lightweight, durable metal that have been machined for a secure grip and anodized in olive green
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening makes it simple to open with one hand.
Kershaw Chive Pocket Knife
This might just be the ideal tiny pocketknife for you. The Chive is a little knife, with a blade that is less than two inches in length, making it ideal for carrying in a pocket, pack, purse, or briefcase, among other places.
Despite its diminutive size, it is capable of performing virtually any cutting duty you throw at it, from opening packages to cutting duct tape, for example. When using the SpeedSafe® assisted opening feature, it is simple to open with a rapid pull back on the built-in flipper.
- A compact, pocket-friendly, and multi-functional pocketknife; designed and manufactured in the United States.
- Bead-blasted finish for an appealing matte effect; blade is under 2 inches in length; high-carbon 420HC blade steel.
- During use, a steel handle with a strong frame lock keeps the blade safely open.
- The Safety Tip-Lock keeps the blade closed during transport; carries right-side, tip-down.
Kershaw Scallion Blackwash
The Scallion has a 2.25-inch blade, making it a tiny knife that is great for carrying in a pocket or purse.
Despite this, it is capable of performing virtually any cutting activity you throw at it, from breaking down a cardboard box to cutting twine to cutting apple slices for lunch.
In addition, the Scallion is equipped with SpeedSafe aided opening, which ensures that your blade is ready when you need it.
It contains two locking systems for further security: a liner lock that keeps the blade locked open while in use, and a Tip-Lock slider that keeps the blade locked closed when the blade is folded.
- Made in the United States of America, this knife is the perfect size for just now.
- 420HC blade steel contains an increased amount of carbon and chromium to improve hardenability and corrosion resistance; it is robust and resistant to corrosion.
- Handles made of durable glass-filled nylon are textured for a secure grip.
- Using the flipper, SpeedSafe® aided opening makes one-handed operation simple.
Find more Pocket Knives Made in the USA!